$10.37/hour + Partial County Benefits; part-time regular position available (20 hours / week).
Williamsburg Regional Library seeks individual to perform responsible work maintaining order and discipline throughout the Williamsburg Regional Library’s buildings, parking lots, and grounds, Job alternates between James City County Library and Williamsburg Library.
- Conducts regular checks on the security of the Williamsburg Regional Library’s buildings, parking lots and grounds; works closely with library directors, managers and staff to ensure order and enforce compliance with library’s rules and regulations.
- Closes and secures buildings each night.
- Investigates complaints of uncooperative, disruptive user behavior and handles each situation appropriately.
- Notifies librarian in charge, supervisors and police in cases of serious discipline problems and completes appropriate reports; serves as liaison with police department.
- Notifies librarian in charge regarding incidents of unattended children at closing; may remain with child as detailed in the library’s Unattended Children Procedures.
- In coordination with the librarian in charge, documents incidents; keeps appropriate staff informed of security problems.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school diploma; security experience preferred; public library or bookstore experience preferred.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within 12 months of hire certification in First Aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) from the American Red Cross.
- Most possess or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire a valid Virginia Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to establish and maintain supportive working relationships with co-workers, library users and emergency services personnel; calmly and effectively explain library policies to a wide range of users; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions quickly, accurately and independently; work under minimal supervision; and react appropriate in routine and emergency situations.
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until position is filled.
Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov