This position is term-limited (18 months +/-) and eligible for benefits that include health, paid time off & holiday time off.
** This is a virtual/work from home position. Ideally, a candidate will live in proximity to the Charlotte, NC area for occasional team/in-person meetings once return to office is possible**
As a Business Analyst for the American Red Cross, you will be part of the Biomedical Services Business Systems Integration (BSI) team working in the Product Inventory, Distribution and Quality Systems (PDQ) group. You will support a portfolio of products (applications) and will interface between the business unit and information technology to ensure that system design and configurations meet the needs of end users.
The Business Analyst role requires you to be a natural problem-solver with strong analytical capabilities as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate is an innovative, solution-minded professional who can easily acquire new business acumen, enjoys technology and systems, and passionate about getting it right. And lastly, candidates are a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail and solid writing skills.
• Participate in all phases of the solution life cycle and work closely with a variety of internal business, external business and technology partners. This includes problem identification and business requirements gathering, analysis of system enhancements, propose workflow solutions; and, it also includes development of specifications documentation, test case scenarios, validation documents as well as support cut over & implementation activities.
• Assist with initiatives, project timelines, as well as deliver individual work product in support of system enhancements to COTS, SaaS and internally developed systems.
• Assist with evaluation of vendor software releases for impact to business processes.
• Work in conjunction with developers to ensure that development efforts are in alignment with business and system requirements.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong academic performance is preferred.
• Experience: 3-5 years as a business analyst or project analyst for software releases and implementations.
• Experience working for a large consulting firm (i.e. Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, Slalom, Capgemini) implementing software systems and solutions is nice to have.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Must be comfortable with formal documentation development.
• Ability to work independently or as a part of team and comfortable working remotely as required.
• Experience in a regulatory environment where you would be required to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements is desirable.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights