The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work remotely and can be located anywhere in the United States, with a preference for working east coast times.
This position is a temporary role with the possibility to become permanent in the future.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $75,800 - $101,100. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The American Red Cross is seeking a Human Resource Senior Business Reporting Analyst to join our team to design and deliver insightful information and analysis based on data, trends, and an ever-changing business environment. Your work and conclusions will help guide decision makers within our department and throughout the entire organization. This role will leverage your skills in requirements gathering, sourcing and normalizing data from several systems, and creating compelling reports and presentations to communicate your findings to others. We intend to combine the information from all HR systems into meaningful business-centric dashboards, measurement mechanisms, and success measures which can be used by managers and executives in the field. You will support a wide array of needs by collecting and correlating HR data from Workday, ServiceNow, and other databases. You will also play an essential role in strengthening the Human Resource team’s business acumen and technical knowledge as we build this internal capability. This is a new position with the opportunity for you to help refine your role further over time.
• Enable effective decision making by aggregating data from multiple, often disparate, sources and compiling it into an intuitive, actionable format.
• Analyze sensitive HR data to produce reports and dashboards for use by HR, HR Business Partners, Strategic Services, line managers, and top executives of the organization.
• Own the development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards that monitor and drive key business decisions. Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad-hoc, and annual reports and presentations to support internal business reviews.
• Partner with and be a resource to our HR teams to create and continuously improve our enterprise personnel data tools to meet the long term needs of our business customers. Help develop HR Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate individual HR employee and department performance.
• Educate and/or train HR staff, leaders, and Business Partners on using enterprise and custom-created personnel metrics, tools, and reports to build data analytic competency within the HR team.
• Collaborate with other teams at the American Red Cross, such as data science and data warehousing, to ensure meaningful and accurate results for HR and our business customers.
• Remain vigilant – identify challenges, opportunities, and create future solutions using forecasting, predictive modeling and other analytic tools. Be willing to assist others learn relevant technical / analysis skills.
• Maintain situational awareness of current HR and local issues in order to continuously anticipate workforce planning and recommend intervention strategies based on data.
• Assist with policy oversight, software configuration, data governance controls, and training as needed.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., business, statistics, mathematics, information science, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
• At least 7 years’ total experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) required, with 2 or more years in an analytical role. Experience building out client reporting portfolios of HR information
• Demonstrated ability to interpret data, objectively analyze results using statistical techniques to identify trends or patterns in complex data sets and provide appropriate reports.
• Experience with Workday, ServiceNow, Cornerstone & Power BI a definite plus as these are the systems we use.
• Experience writing reports off of Human Resources data & providing information to business leaders.
• Advanced working knowledge of Power BI, Access, Excel, PPT, WEBi reporting, and various data visualization techniques (e.g., scatter plots, fit lines, bar charts, time series, etc.).
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data sets
• Technical expertise regarding data models and data mining. Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, complete root cause analysis, develop business cases, and measure success.
• Effective communication skills to convey complex information and outputs in a confident, simplified manner.
• Exceptional intuition and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects / priorities using tactical and strategic thinking skills.
• Working knowledge / experience with HR terminology, policy, and personnel management.
• Solid team player - Ethical, objective, precise, and results-oriented character with an inclination towards initiative and creativity who facilitates collaboration, actively engages to make joint decisions, and shares best practices.
• Experience using tools to merge data from disparate sources
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights