We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Internship Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Rights Campaign’s Internship Program. This is a temporary position expected to last for six months.
- Places job postings/advertisements for HRC internship program each semester.
- Creates offer letters and processes background checks for new interns.
- Assists with new intern onboarding and updates PowerPoint each semester or as needed. Serves as backup for conducting new intern orientation.
- Creates new intern packets. Updates forms as needed.
- Processes and quality checks new intern paperwork and creates employment file.
- Work with Finance to create check requests for scholarships and stipends each semester
- Assists and acts as backup to Jr. HR Generalist with using the intern applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Creates and updates intern-tracking spreadsheet each semester.
- Ensures intern supervisors complete New Hire and Separation forms in a timely manner.
- Conducts research into internship best practices
- Creates agendas for weekly Internship Meeting
- Serves as the first point of contact for external callers and questions about the Internship Program.
- Runs reports with internship ATS and analyzes data on a routine basis.
- Assists Jr. HR Generalist in creating partnerships with schools and organizations for Internship Program.
- Organizes events and field trips for the Internship Program.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all intern and proprietary company information.
- Processes monthly credit card and expense reports.
- Fulfills requests for verifications of employment for interns.
- Works with Senior Training Manager to plan brown bags and order catering.
- Maintains and files all intern-related records in compliance with the law, keeping all program records (paper and electronic) well organized and up-to-date.
- May provides additional administrative support to the HR department.
- Attend internship fairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) required. One to two years of administrative experience preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required, and are essential to succeeding in this role.
- Experience with videoconferencing (Skype, GoToMeeting, Zoom, etc.) software preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing important issues.
- Commitment to high quality and timely work product a must.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment when dealing with deadlines, dissatisfied employees, or fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of or interest in LGBTQ issues is preferred. Sincere openness to learn about administering HR services to diverse groups of employees is required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter.