RCCare is a Salesforce based platform with integrations to many third parties to assist the American Red Cross in providing timely, relevant, scalable services to our clients around the world. RCCare is a case management and client relationship management database with robust adaptability to tailor the user experience and services available based on the type of event and user created a guided, relevant experience to volunteers, clients, and employees who use the application 24/7. The RCCare system seeks to provide a personalized look and experience to each user and to help families through difficult life events in an intuitive way. The services, business units, and communities served will grow and adapt over time and the product needs to be constantly at the forefront anticipating evolving user and business needs.
The RCCare Team:
We are a blended business and technical team which operates like an internal start-up, focused on building solutions to drive forward the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross focused on Client Services and Experience. As a member on the RCCare, you will be responsible for converting business concepts into the next generation of applications and tools, utilizing adaptive agile mythologies to deliver the minimal viable product to the business in record time. There is a lot of opportunity on this team for the right person to bring consistency, robustness, scalability, and vision. We are looking for clear minded visionaries to ensure a dependable and innovative user experience while keeping up with a large quantity of incoming business and market demands. We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead to join our RCCareTeam.
The Salesforce Manager & Lead Developer will work 100% remotely from a home-office located anywhere in the USA. This position will manage a team of Salesforce professionals who work remotely. Hands-on coding experience is required.
For those candidates located in Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $150K plus or minus. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
The Salesforce Manager & Lead Developer will lead a team of dedicated staff to ensure that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on various user group needs.
Salesforce Manager & Lead Developer candidates need to have the skills and experience in advanced programmatic capabilities (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning) of the Salesforce Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. This individual also understands when it is best to use declarative development versus programmatic methods and can lead teammates and guide stakeholders toward the optimal solutions based on business requirements.
The Manager must work well as part of a team, have the ability to lead and develop team members and must communicate well with technical and business partners.
• Analyze, enhance, install, test and modify enterprise-wide software systems for both new and existing systems
• Manage a team responsible for the design of enterprise software products.
• Prepare activity and progress reports regarding software engineering projects, tasks and operations.
• Participate in story grooming/refinement sessions with Product Owners, leveraging knowledge of the platform to clarify requirements.
• Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and your knowledge of the platform.
• Design custom Force.com applications with guidance from the Technical Architect.
• Build custom Force.com applications.
• Develop automations using process builders, flows or triggers.
• Integrate Salesforce applications with other American Red Cross applications
• Write test classes to ensure test coverage for apex classes.
• Write batch processes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
• Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
• Participate actively in all Scrum events.
• Be able to explain a solution or approach to anyone one in the organization from novice end-user, volunteer, experienced technical resource, business SME, or executive
• As a member and lead of the team, you will be responsible for driving the rapid development of the minimal viable product.
• Willing to be hands on with design, code, and test.
• Oversee developers and testers to ensure successful delivery of all code to business testing phases.
• Present business representatives with multiple solutions and advise on tradeoffs of various options
• Work with business representatives to understand the processes and challenges and suggesting and prototyping new features and changes to existing features.
• Work collaboratively with other developers within our team or across other teams.
• Work with project managers and team leads to estimate, schedule, and prioritize development activities.
• Write specifications for development work.
• Develop and document designs for implementation.
• Special projects as assigned
• Accountable for 24/7 on call technical support for system outages
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum 5 to 7 years required supporting mid-to-large size organizations as a Software Architect or similar role.
• Minimum 7 years of experience as a Salesforce developer required.
• Minimum 4 years of experience as a developer in Service Cloud required.
• Minimum 3 years of technical staff management experience required
• Knowledge of the Declarative development model in Salesforce required.
• Expert knowledge with hands on experience using Salesforce Technology Stack
• Experience with Service Cloud, Customer Community, and Partner Community user models.
• Experience with mobile device accessible Salesforce solutions.
• Demonstrated understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
• Database experience writing queries in SQL/SOQL.
• Hands-on work with Workflows, Flows, Triggers, Validation Rules and Lightning Components.
• Working with Data Loader or various ETL tools.
• Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using SOAP, REST, BULK APIs.
• Familiarity with and commitment to the Red Cross mission
• Extensive successful experience in leading multiple projects as the SME.
• Working with large scale financial assistance systems and complex data security.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements.
• Strong debugging and diagnostic skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of software design, software development processes and coding techniques is essential.
• Ability to prioritize competing projects and deliver with confidence in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• Salesforce Platform Developer II
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors, mainly at a desk. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to work some irregular hours on occasion. Occasional travel to meet with team members may be required. Extended work hours will be required during system launch events.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and team spirit. We offer our employee’s a competitive salary, wide range of generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401K retirement plan with match; paid time off, holidays and floating holidays. Also, we encourage professional development and provide growth opportunities. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights