Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross places top priority on the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, blood donors and those who receive our aid and services. Our commitment to public health is unwavering—both during the COVID-19 pandemic and year-round. We provide almost half of the nation’s blood supply, as well as humanitarian relief at home and abroad. We turn compassion into action through the care we provide our blood donors, and the spirit of service we share with our colleagues.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg3XJCA8RQ0
If you share our passion for helping people, then join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Click on the link to learn more about (Apheresis)platelets donations: https://youtu.be/BwjwbxbwN34
- Direct to donor recruitment using multiple channels to contact and schedule current platelet, plasma, and whole blood donors.
- Donor Center Coordinator will lead face to face interactions responding quickly to donor questions or issues in a professional manner.
- Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to identify and convert right type donors based on inventory, product, and marketing initiatives.
- Follow standard recruitment practices to ensure maximum number of donations are scheduled each day, while upselling multiple future appointments at the fixed center.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all red cross initiatives to present to donors and local team to meet daily production standard.
- May assist local team in accurate record reviews, pulling and managing donor charts from regulated system, and managing donor flow to avoid errors and poor customer services.
- May lead in promoting community outreach within the geographical radius of donor center Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of telemarketing, sales, customer service or call center experience is required. Some college preferred.
- Variable schedule to include possible holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Computer experience, excellent customer service and problem-solving skills required.
- Willingness to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to be managed remotely.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all kinds of people (both externally with donors, and internally with team members and other departments)
- Effective phone skills i.e., well spoken, excellent active listening skills
- Must be organized.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Outgoing, friendly, compassionate personality.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed assigned goals.
- Effective verbal and persuasive communication skills, the ability to work with potentially difficult customers, and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights