The Senior Staff Accountant, with primary supervision from the CFO, is responsible for month-end accounting, assisting with regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation. The Senior Staff Accountant will also act as lead contact with external audit firm for the annual audit of financial statements.
- Reconcile cash receipts process for the Association
- With assistance from CFO, coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances to Executive Directors at branches.
- Assist in preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Complete monthly bank account and general ledger account reconciliations
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage sales tax filings
- Additional staff accountant duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven working experience as a staff accountant preferred
- Degree in accounting required
- CPA or CMA track preferred
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end / year-end close
- Experience creating financial statements
- Excellent accounting software administration skills
Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including standing or sitting for long periods, and reading fine print documents.