This position serves in the KFBS’ central business office as a primary financial data processor for Kenan-Flagler Business School and is expected to serve as a subject matter expert on policies and procedures related to accounting matters. It is responsible for maintaining and overseeing financial accounting data including, but not limited to, vouchers, journal entries, travel submissions, deposits, etc. The Financial Consultant is solely responsible for managing budget information under their purview. This position will maintain a large volume of electronic and hard-copy backup files, as well as detailed knowledge on UNC financial policies and procedures. It is expected that this position will be able to provide effective consultation to faculty and staff to effectively resolve financial transactions. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and independently handles a large volume of complex transactions, paperwork, and customer service requests while meeting multiple monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines. This position requires autonomy and the ability to independently analyze work and troubleshoot problems to see them to resolution.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
* Ability to interpret, explain and follow financial policies and ability to explain policies and procedures to others in
a clear and consistent manner
* A high level of accuracy, including good visual attention and mental concentration is required. Consequence of
error is significant.
* The ability to work independently to resolve financial transactions.
* Maintaining detailed and precise records
* Handle all matters in a highly professional and confidential manner.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
Experience with financial management is preferred, including management of budgets, financial tracking, and ability to organize and report on financial data
Understanding of the dynamics of working with faculty and program directors and ability to adapt procedures to meet the needs of faculty
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with appropriate staff within the school