R2070113 Associate Cost Control Specialist
- Jacksonville, Florida OR
- Fairfax, Virginia
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
KBR is complying with the federal government’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement and as such KBR will require that all U.S. employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. To ensure compliance, all employees described will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination on or before their start date. In accordance with U.S. law and if applicable, KBR will provide disability-based reasonable accommodations, medical exceptions, and religion-based reasonable accommodations.
Title: Associate Specialist – Cost Control
KBR is seeking an enthusiastic associate/entry-level Cost Control Specialist with excellent analytical skills to grow with us in a direct hire capacity. Train with a highly functional team of Program Planning and Controls Professionals to perform assignments for various contract types.
Ultimately, develop skills to:
- Display core competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills to include:
- Analyze cost trends in order to correct errors and provide forward guidance to maximize revenue and profit and minimize cost variances.
- Develop and control baselines and budgets.
- Monitor schedule/milestones to facilitate estimates to complete and process scope changes.
- Prepare and deliver customer report deliverables per the contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze/modify cost estimates and re-baseline programs as the need is identified.
- Prepare forecasts using program resource estimates with appropriately applied rates and factors.
- Develop price/cost estimates utilizing established pricing concepts and applications.
- Application of FAR, CAS and government accounting standards.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), perform maintenance and charge number control.
- Analyze program funding requirements and track subcontractor costs & fee.
- Track, trend, forecast and analyze subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve moderately complex problems independently.
- Actively participate in:
- Developing and carrying out long/short-term objectives and balance multiple priorities.
- Developing presentations and reports for internal and external customers.
- Perform moderately complex accounting and analytical tasks, including transaction processing, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Education/Required Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required (Accounting, Finance, or other Technical Degree preferred).
- Internship in Accounting/Cost/Finance or maximum 2 years of experience.
- Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic candidate with the following attributes:
- Eager to grow and advance
- Team oriented
- Willingness to embrace a challenge
- Resilient to change
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.