We are seeking an Account Representative to work in our Avon Business office. The Account Representative completes billing process accurately and timely for a designated group of accounts, by payer classification or other method of assignment; answers inquiries by mail or phone as related to that designated group of accounts.
Under the supervision of the Accounts Receivable Team Leader, the Account Representative completes billing process accurately and timely for a designated group of accounts, by payer classification or other method of assignment; answers inquiries by mail or phone as related to that designated group of accounts.
- Processes the claims forms on responsible section of accounts receivable, timely and accurately, guaranteeing early turn-around of accounts receivable.
- Makes telephone inquiry, according to policy, on delinquent claims. Involves the consumer as allowable under contract. Maintains excellent rapport with the consumer in this process.
- Continues education in rules and regulations governing the processing of accounts receivable by respective payer classification(s).
- Responds to all inquiries, billing denials, and other correspondence and phone requests in an efficient and effective manner.
- Answers the telephone in a polite manner. Interacts with consumers/families in a professional manner. Treats consumers/families with respect; ensures confidentiality of consumer records. Provides explanations regarding statements, insurance coverage.
- Maintains a good working relationship with office staff members and others throughout the organization.
- Maintains all reports, files and records as needed in position.
- Adherence to and promotion of the Corporate Compliance Program at Cummins Behavioral Health Systems, Inc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two to three years' experience in computerized medical billing, accounts receivable, coding and collections.
- Knowledge of third-party payers, billing requirements, and reimbursement methods.
- Experience with Spreadsheet for Windows and Word Processing for Windows.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficiency with ten key calculators.
- Analytical judgment.
- Math skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (major medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, HSA)
- Matching employer contributions to your 401K plan
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Monday to Friday schedule with some evening coverage.
As a proud recipient of Platinum level certification for Mental Health America's Bell Seal for Workplace Mental Health, Cummins Behavioral Health Systems puts mental health at the forefront of employee health and well-being.
Cummins is one of the State's top-rated community behavioral health and addiction providers in Customer Satisfaction as recognized by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.