The Grants and Contracts Specialist is responsible for general grants administration and accounting duties including processing accounts payable and housing checks; reviewing, auditing and processing subcontractor reimbursement requests for payment; monitoring subcontractor expenditures; doing project expenditure projections; preparing monthly reimbursement vouchers and related reports for AFC’s funders; and other accounting duties as assigned.
The salary range for this role is $45,000 to $58,000.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contract Review and Monitoring
- Review of subcontractor reimbursement requests
- Prepare monthly vouchers, accounting and services’ worksheets and related documentation
- Prepare and distribute of subcontractor agreements and amendments
- Provide technical assistance to subrecipients in preparing their monthly reimbursement requests
- Prepare annual audit confirmation letters to subcontractors
- Monitor grant expenditures, maintain records of use of funds, conduct quarterly expenditure review meetings
- Provide program department with necessary fiscal reports for grant close-out activities
- Conduct subcontractor site visits, as required, to monitor compliance with fiscal and administrative requirements
- Participate in subcontractor renewal activities, including subcontractor budget preparation, and distribution of documents
- Participate in quarterly expenditure review meetings of contracts
- Prepare for and participate in fiscal site visits at AFC conducted by AFC’s funders
- Maintain inventory of client incentives
- Accounts payable processing, distribution, and electronic scanning of documentation into accounting database
- Update vacation and sick time accrual worksheets under direction of the Manager, Accounting
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in this class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assignment of duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and 2 or more years Accounting experience
- 1 or more years’ experience with Intermediate Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1 or more years’ experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge
- 1 or more years’ experience working with government funded grants and/or contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The ability to maintain accurate work records and access these records as necessary
- The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of detailed information in paper documents or electronically (i.e., charges, data, due dates)
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems (e.g., PC-based tools, Microsoft applications, Web-based applications) to input, access, modify, or output information or to execute programs or analysis
- The ability to work across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve Agency goals
- The ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of financial software suite packages used to manage organizational finance, grant and accounting data
- The ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding all personnel and property data, information, and issues
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands are representative of those found in a general office environment.
The work environment is representative of that found in a general office environment. Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (20-25 pounds.) Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.