The Director of Corporate Accounting will be a member of the internal corporate accounting department under the direction of the Corporate Controller. The position is remote working from home.
Director of Corporate Accounting Job Duties:
- Responsible for the consolidation of all ZincFive entities, including all appropriate elimination entries, to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close
- Review and assist in preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and major accounts which include inventory, accruals, shipments, prepayments, equity, and intercompany accounts
- Oversight of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll personnel and processes
- Responsible for the fixed asset process and subledger
- Perform analysis of inventory obsolescence/warranty reserves, assets accounts and expenditures
- Responsible for the accumulation of support and analysis for the financial and tax audits
- Responsible for the monthly closing, system maintenance and integrity of the SAP General Ledger
- Document and monitor internal controls
- Responsible in enforcing and monitoring of compliance with company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the implementation and development of new procedures and features to improve the workflow of the department and provide training to new or existing staff if necessary
- Create management reports and perform research and special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 8 -10+ years previous related work experience in general corporate accounting
- Experience managing accounting staff with the ability to mentor and develop their career paths
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Experience in public accounting or a public company and CPA certification
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of the Company
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fit culturally within an environment of personal accountability, teamwork, and high integrity
- Advanced degree
- Accounting experience with manufacturing and international companies preferred
- Knowledge of accounting software and programs specifically SAP is preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Work involves constant sitting at a computer, occasional walking, and lifting to 10 pounds
- Working within home and office environments
Salary offers will depend on factors that include the location you work from, your level, education, training, specific skills, years of experience and comparison to other employees already in this role.
In addition, the successful candidate for this position will become eligible for a comprehensive set of outstanding benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid sick time, paid time off for vacation, paid holidays, paid community service days, professional/personal learning program, and applicable state/federal paid family leave.
ZincFive is committed to employing a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status. We maintain a safe workplace and perform pre-employment testing. ZincFive is a participant in E-Verify and receives employment authorization of new hires through Social Security and the Department of Homeland Security databases.